Do you represent a charitable organization? Is your fan club looking to expand its membership? Are you promoting a science-fiction/fantasy or educational event? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Convolution can help!
We have a limited number of “Fan Tables” available at our convention, where you’ll have the opportunity to catch people’s attention, tell them about your cause, give them promotional material and get them involved in your endeavor. And best of all — Fan Tables cost nothing! We require only that a single member of your team purchase a membership to the convention. That can be Colonel Judy, Uncle Frank, That Dude Who Always Wears Flannel, or whomever else you decide.
More information can be found below, and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to apply or have any questions.
FAN TABLE POLICY
1. Convolution does not charge a fee for your use of a Fan Table, but that free usage doesn’t include memberships to the convention. We require that only a single membership be purchased prior to setting up your promotional display/items – which member of your group gets registered is up to you. Additional memberships need be purchased for other members of your group only if they intend to enter the non-public areas of our convention.
2. Out of respect for our vendors – who pay us for the use of their marketplace tables – sales of goods and/or services are not allowed at Fan Tables, with the following exceptions:
- Promotion of a charity and/or collecting donations for a registered 501(c)3 organization
- Advance sales of memberships to your upcoming event or club activity
- Logo merchandise specific to your group, or items made exclusively for and by your organization to promote your event
3. Convolution does not charge a percentage of sales made at Fan Tables.
4. The location of your Fan Table is at the discretion of the Business Services division of Convolution. Your request can indicate preferences – electricity, distance from the main entrance, etc. – but specific placement is not guaranteed. We will do our best to meet each request, and will provide you with confirmation of your Fan Table reservation during the week prior to the event.
5. If you are planning to use electricity in your promotional display, remember to bring your own cables and extension cords. Typically, at least one outlet is located behind or near Fan Tables. Be aware, however, that you may not be located immediately adjacent to a power source.
6. If you have not taken possession of your Fan Table by 8PM on Friday of the convention, we reserve the right to reassign it to another interested group for the remainder of the weekend. If you’re unable to arrive by that time, please indicate this in your request, or communicate your E.T.A. to the Fan Table coordinator BEFORE 8PM on Friday of the convention.